I’m pretty tired, so I will keep this short. I finished my skirt today. I made it into an A-line skirt. Looking at the fabric, you can see that it’s really more attuned to making a straight skirt, but I thought this would work better for my wants. To get the side seams to cooperate, I made a stay of the underlay fabric, 1/2 inch wide by 22 1/2 inches long. I eased the side seams onto this and voila – a conversion to A-line!
Construction notes: I used an invisible zipper in the side seam. I interfaced the waistband with ProWoven interfacing from Sew Exciting. I hemmed the underlayer before I sewed the side seams. It’s hidden by the embroidered overlay. Other than that, I just serged the side seams, attached the waistband and, ta daaa! Here you see it on Shelley.
I’m trying not to nod off as I type this so I’m going to call it a night.