I’ll post a photo tomorrow, but the muslin for McCall’s 5289 is done. I did a number of adjustments before I cut the muslin: FBA, start with a 12 at the shoulder and taper out to a 14 at the waist, added long sleeves. There are a couple of issues. First, the neckline opening is really, really wide. This is a style issue, not a fitting issue, It’s wide enough that I need a strapless bra under it. I am adjusting the front yoke piece (piece number 3 in the pattern) to be wider at the bottom and hopefully cover the bra straps. I think I may add about 1/2 inch around the upper shoulder areas. just at the seams. It’s okay, but even though my cross-chest measurement is a 12, my broad back puts me right between a 12 and 14. Other than that, the fit seems really good. The sleeves from the Vogue Roland Mouret knockoff pattern are a little tight at the bicep for my taste, but I will slash the pattern tomorrow and add about 1/2″ to 3/4″ of ease. That should take care of it. Stay tuned!
Happy sense of self!